Sunday, May 4, 2014

Breaking the Habit

Apparently most (all) of my blog posts make everyone cry. Well, maybe this one will make you cry, but hopefully for happy tears rather than sad. 

Todd smiled. He smiled and he laughed. We weren't sure we would ever see that again. He did it 2 1/2 weeks after the initial event, but hadn't done it after his surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. We were so worried that we had a major set back. 

He still looked pretty groggy and tired all day. Then, all of a sudden, (I think I burped) Brian called me a piggy in front of him and he lost it. He cracked up. Big, giant, grin & then come the shoulders.... bouncing up and down. He was not only smiling, but LAUGHING! After that it was all bright eyes, looking around, re-exploring. My child is back! 

I was getting so tired of the sad tears and the heartbreak after heartbreak. I needed this. We needed this. All of us. We needed to know there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Such a wonderful ending to my weekend and beginning to my week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment